In the Market for New Tires? Read These 7 Tips First
When it’s time to buy new tires, you need to know what to look for. And you have to know where to find the best deal. One that fits into your budget and is the best option for your vehicle.
There are some important factors to take into consideration when you’re in the market for new tires. Here’s what you need to know to keep right on cruising without missing a beat.
What to look for when buying new tires
You’ve found the right place to buy tires. But what should you be looking for once you’re there? Follow these guidelines to get the correct tires for your vehicle.
1. The tire code
Surprised that tires have a code? Well, they do, and it’s a pretty important thing to understand when you’re buying new ones.
The code is a series of letters and numbers that give you all kinds of useful information, such as:
- Tire type.
- Tread width (in millimeters).
- Aspect ratio (height/width).
- Diameter (in inches).
- Load rating.
- Speed rating.
2. DOT code
This is a code of 10-13 letters and numbers that are set by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
3. UTQG code
This code displays estimates of characteristics from a particular manufacturer. The three characteristics are treadwear, traction, and temperature resistance.
4. Tire type
You may be surprised by the number of different types of tires available.
- Performance all-season.
- Ultra-high performance.
- All-season truck tires.
- All-terrain truck tires.
- Winter/snow tires.
- Performance winter/snow tires.
- Truck winter/snow tires.
5. Fuel Economy
Most tires will list a fuel-efficiency grade to help you find the tire that will help you get the most for your money.
The last thing you want when you take your first drive with your new tires is to find that they’re seriously noisy.
All tires make some noise, but there are options available that are quieter than others.
Conrad’s lowest-price policy
At Conrad’s, we have a lowest-price policy. And it involves a challenge for you.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Tire shop all you want before you come to Conrad’s. For real – give us a challenge. Because we’re confident that we can outmatch any out-the-door installed tire price you will get at any Northeast Ohio tire retailer.
- After you’ve bought your new tires from us, if you find a retailer offering a lower price within 30 days of your purchase, we’ll give you a refund for the difference. That means you’ll never have to pay more than you should for a set of tires.
Are you ready to take the Conrad’s Tire Challenge?
Now that you know what to look for when you’re tire shopping, you’re ready to do your due diligence and find the best price.
We challenge you to find a lower price than Conrad’s. Bet you can’t do it!