Car Care Guide: Appearance Counts
It’s a simple fact. You want your car to look great. But the truth is, it’s not easy. Dents, dings, scratches, cracked glass, and dirty upholstery can all make your vehicle lose that new luster.
If you feel like you’re constantly fighting this battle, you’re in luck. Vehicle protectants and technology have come a long way, and that means it’s easier than ever to keep your car in good shape. It’s easier AND less expensive. Here’s what you need to know.
Why do you need these types of services?
One of the biggest reasons to keep your car looking good for as long as possible is to protect your investment. When appearance problems are left without treatment, they can lead to bigger issues down the road – affecting safety and possibly requiring repairs.
Here’s how to care for your vehicle’s appearance
Follow these tips to keep up your car’s appearance:
- Wash frequently and apply wax on a regular basis. (This doesn’t need to be done with every wash!)
- Keeping your car clean prevents grime and dirt from building up and permanently damaging the finish.
- Frequent washing also prevents salt build-up from nasty Ohio winters.
- Use a different mitt or cloth for the wheels and the body.
- Make sure to only use soap that’s specified as suitable for automobiles. Using anything else can strip the finish.
Questions to ask your mechanic
There are some questions you can ask your auto technician about keeping your car clean:
- Can you recommend a cleaning product that’s best for my vehicle?
- I have scratches on my car. Can I fix them myself or do I need to have them professionally painted?
- Is it a good idea to get rust-prevention treatment for my car?
Trust your vehicle’s appearance to the pros
The last thing you want to do is damage your vehicle’s appearance and lower its value.
Proper maintenance is key to protecting your investment. The trusted auto technicians at Conrad’s can give you the best advice for taking care of your vehicle – inside or out.